Diposting oleh Unknown | 0 komentar

I'll Learn English Like I Find ONE PIECE :)

Bismillahhirrahmanirrahiim
Hy iGEMers….
How are you today? Hope you fine J
My name is Cindy Suci Ananda. I’m seventeen years old. I’m a student of Technobiology Faculty of Sumbawa University of Technology. I’m student leader of Sumbawagen Team of International Genetically Engineered Machine (IGEM). Here I will tell you about my experience of English Skill Competition (ESC).
Two days ago, on Friday, June 27th 2014, all members of Sumbawagen team follow a competition called English Skill Competition (ESC). ESC is the fourth competition that held by our faculty, after Fund rising project, wet lab project and cooking skill competition. The purpose of ESC are to sharpen student’s ability in English. Then, from this competition there will be 6 to 8 student who have ability that good enough in English will have an opportunity to have an English training. This competition guide by Ms. Sausan Nafisah, S.Si (Miss Sausan), daily instructor of Sumbawagen Team that will train our English, to prepare Sumbawagen Team on iGEM jamboree in Boston, USA.
            In ESC, each group consist of two students, and my partner for this competition is Nugrah Analiadi Putra on Group 4. We have prepared for this competition maximally.
Well iGEMers, let us look the competition.
At 08.45 am ESC was started. It held in Panto Daeng in our lecturer house. This competition has 3 stage, they are speaking, reading and writing. The first stage is speaking. For speaking test, each group have a task to present a poster of our favorite movie in 10 minutes. Ms. Sausan give us freedom to choose the theme of the movie, whether it’s about love, friendship, comedy, or etc. Well, for this challenge Nugrah and I chose Japanese anime, namely “One Piece”.
Why “One Piece”?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjP2GfOBuWm-7PvSnSnKsXlC6lGkTBQ-71ZIcbKZ3WXoITRlobMSZyNj-t1SQu6-JpX0tNbnXnD2sxYNx0KlUA4nLxi7xvN2vSkPc85uhaRlN4FGkOFxkTQxoXJ8AS7IPUg3_N7O0hRCJLg/s1600/one-piece-anime-hd.jpg

            I really like this movie, because this movie is a good example about true friendship, and high spirit to reach out dream. One Piece is a movie from Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Eiichiro Oda. This movie tells us about the adventures of Monkey D. Luffy, a young boy whose body rubber who wishes to be the next Pirates King by finding the world’s ultimate treasure, known as “One Piece” in gathers himself a diverse crew. Luffy with his crew sail the seas in pursuit of their dreams together, no matter what other people say about their dream, they will reach their dream, with hard work, high spirit, and passionate about their dream.
Nugrah and I, begin the presentation around 10.15 am. In our presentation, we explained about story of the movie in general, characters, moral values ​​and which parts are preferred. We were presented our movie in 10 minutes. After our presentation was over, our friends were very enthusiastic to give questions about our presentation, but only 4 question that we answered because of the limited time. I think we are success enough in presented our movie. Unfortunately, during our presentation I made a mistake. I was wrong to interpret the intent of question put by Indah to us. Maybe, because I’m too enthusiastic, I became less in hear the question “how the ending of this movie that you want?” which I hear is “how the ending of this movie”. That’s a fatal mistake, I think because I was aware my mistake, after Indah explained it to me when our presentation was over. But I don’t think much about it, I realize it and make it as a lesson not to repeat it again. So, I should learn to listen to others better in the future.
            The first stage finished, and will followed by the second stage. However, we need a short break to take a lunch and prayer in 60 minutes. Listening stage started at 01.30 pm. In this stage, we should listen to the dialog that is played in 2 times, and answer the question from Miss Sausan about what we’ve listened.
Before my turn for a first session of listening, I had to think of a strategy how can I understand the essence of the phrase that is played in 2 times, because it difficult to understand the meaning of what the speaker talking about. My strategy is I noted some points which may be the main idea in the phrase. Then, when the second round, I tried to analyze roughly what the intent of the phrase.
My turn came. I pull my lottery phrases that I will listen. Previously I say Basmallah(bismillahirrahmanirrahim).  I got 3 lottery phrases, as I expected. I also practice the strategies that I have thought of before. The result was not too bad, because I can answered the question that given by Miss Sausan. Unfortunately, in the second session I can’t answer some of the questions correctly, it’s too difficult for me. In this season all of the student should answer the question about the video that was played by Miss Sausan.
The last session of listening is the end of the ESC.  ESC is the good training for us to sharpen my ability in English. That’s make my spirit become high to learn English more again. I’ll learn English like Luffy and his crew sail the seas to pursuit their dream. I believe that English can help us to have a good future.
WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY

Well, iGEMers this the end of my essay, that indicated all of the stage in ESC was completed. Thank you J


0 komentar:

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Search This Blog

Blogroll